Agronomical Management Services
The Agronomical Management Services Division renders the following services:
• Agricultural economic studies (feasibility studies);
• Economic and viability analyses;
• Provision of agricultural economic decision-making norms, models and information (input and mechanisation cost budgets);
• Production and management efficiency analyses (withdrawals by the Bureau);
• Lectures on various aspects of agricultural economics.
Manager: Agronomical Management Services (Reitz, Petrus Steyn and Bethlehem)
Tel.: 058 863 8215
Cell: 082 423 5804
Agriculturist (Vrede and Memel)
Tel.: 087 358 8835
Cell: 076 058 4426
Dr. Andries Radley
Agricultural Economist (Frankfort, Oranjeville, Harrismith, Warden and Villiers)
Tel.: 058 813 9900
Cell: 079 493 1144
The Agronomical Services Department renders the following totally independent services:
• Agronomical planning
• Providing agronomical decision-making, norms and information
• Experiments on crops that are statistically accountable
• Scientific measuring of soil compression layers and supplying solutions
• Lectures on various aspects of agricultural economics
Tel.: 087 358 8391
Cell: 083 448 8288
Jacques van Zyl
Tel.: 087 358 8496
Cell: 078 815 5315
VKB Management Bureau
VKB's Management Bureau renders the following vital services:
• A comprehensive VAT and income tax preparation service;
• Advice and support by means of technical and financial data analyses and interpretation over time (reports on deviations from the budget to support decision-making in the short term);
• Supplying of and training in the use of software programmes focusing on agriculture.
Salome Davel (Reitz)
Tel.: 058 863 8529
Cell: 072 467 7225
Ann Basson (Vrede)
Tel.: 087 358 8825
Cell: 083 659 4669
The department acts as a dealer in agricultural software to generate management information. The product range of the software houses, Software Farm and AfriKlok are sold, installed and supported. The two companies also provide software training.
The product range marketed includes the following computer programs:
• Simfini: This comprehensive financial record-keeping program enables the user of the program to record financial transactions effectively. This system has the benefit that management information, as well as data on VAT and income tax, can be kept and captured on the system. Farmers also use Simfini for compiling budgets. Transactions done by clients at VKB, SENWES, GWK, NWK, AFGRI and OVK are captured electronically on Simfini. A further advantage is that financial, management and tax reports are readily available on this system.
• Akkoord: Akkoord is a human resources management program enabling the user to keep an electronic record of all aspects of human resources management. These include remuneration, leave, disciplinary hearings and contracts. Pay sheets and WVF reports are two of the most important documents that are available on the Akkoord software program.
• Saaiplan: It is vital that every farmer uses a comprehensive crop-planning model. For this reason, farmers use Saaiplan for crop cultivation and to facilitate record-keeping. This information is available for each crop, field or farm respectively.
• Duet: Duet is a fresh-produce marketing program used for keeping a record of fresh produce marketed directly from the farm. The basis of this program is a waybill, which is issued to an agent. Details of sales and deductions are captured against the waybill. All the financial data can be transferred electronically to Simfini. A variety of management and financial reports are also available on this system.
• Agrimilk: The Agrimilk program is a management program for dairy herds with the aim of administering multiple herds. Record-keeping of a wide spectrum of activities is done by means of this program.
• Agribeef: This software program is a management system used for commercial herds and stud cattle. Agribeef is used for administering and managing individual animals forming part of the above kinds of herds.